From the Mouths of Babes in Prison



When I was born my mother put a pearl inside my mouth.

-

I'm going to be a hero when I get out of here.


-


My hand weighs a thousand pounds.


-


Mine is a thousand years old.


-


When I get out of here, I'll still just be Thomas.


-


(after hearing Kipling's "If"):

While you were reading that my heart was pounding.

-

I used to hate it when people told me what to do. Now I can't wait to say okay.


-


I wanna be a philosophy.


-

I am always trying to think of things to say. I guess that makes me a poet.


-

I tripped on my hoodie and now I'm a punk.


-


My favorite word is taciturn.


-


Mine is freedom.

-


I have more buttons to push than a flippin' elevator.


-


My favorite thing in the whole world is socks.


-


I doubt my mother is feeding my dog.


-


I like most of the stuff in poetry, but I especially like it when you talk about the magical parts.


-


Wendy, do you think change is something that is really possible.


-

Wendy, do you believe in immortality.


-


Wendy, I wanna read this to you so bad ....








Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up: Publications, Interview, Reviews, Teaching Gigs, Etc

Summer Solstice 2021