For months I've been thinking of my son's going away as some kind of ending ...my husband reminds me it this not an ending, but simply a new chapter in what he calls The Book of Sam.  Nonetheless, as we said our goodbyes on that campus on Saturday, we were all terribly choked up, and the drive home was a tearful one.  We have been a very, very close family these many years, so I'm not sure why I've been surprised to have felt in essence, ripped in two. "This is going to be much more difficult than I thought it would be" admits the father, the father who has given his life, his time, and his heart, to these little ones.  

Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history....

Buena fortuna to my beautiful boy as he embarks on this new adventure.  




















Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up: Publications, Interview, Reviews, Teaching Gigs, Etc

Summer Solstice 2021

Judy Grahn